Give me a story.
We all have a story to tell. It may be a story about yourself, your business or organization.
Having a presence on the web use to mean buying a domain and making a website of starting a blog. Now, this is just a starting place, kind of your “home” on the web.
You can’t just stay “home” and expect people to hear what you have to say. You need to go where the people are hanging out – Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites…you know, the same places where you like to hang out.
WordPress is a wonderful, easy to use, web accounts for about one out of every five websites. Why? because it is very easy to use and it is a very classy way to create your presence on the internet.
Beyond having a website or blog, you need to integrate it with social media and you want people to hear about it, you need to have a Facebook page and a Twitter page to connect with. A “like” and a “follower” has overtaken the sandwich board sign on the corner as the way of getting you message.
Perhaps you want a website, but you are not good with words. You know what you want to say, but you don’t have the right words. Let me use my copy editing skills to mold your words into what you want to say.
- Help you get a domain for your blog or website (such as wittren.com, or witticisms.org).
- Assess what you want in a blog or website. Find out what kind of design you want for the template and what kind of graphics you want. Find out what pages you want, such as “Home”, “About Us”, “Contact Us” Set up a WordPress site for you.
- Copy editing – if you want to blog, perhaps you would like to have your material edited before it is published. I have a degree in technical journalism. I was a copy editor in college and I have done many odd editing jobs since.
- Assist with integrating your website with Facebook and Twitter.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Submitting your website to various search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo). There are extra costs associated with this, but if you want your site found by the world, SEO is an important consideration.
- Online stores are a bit more challenging. I am most comfortable working with PayPal shopping carts, but there are other shopping solutions, each with their own functionality and costs involved.
If you are interested in having me create a WordPress blog or website for you, or if you just have questions, please complete and submit this online form. I will provide you with a list of costs.